Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Employee Spotlight: Janice Kok

Name: Janice Kok                           
Hometown: Singapore                 
Education: Dip in Marketing
Department: RTLS, Asia

How long have you been with Ubisense and what is your background?  
 I joined Ubisense in 2004 and I was with Smallworld till year 2002 as the Marketing & Events Manager.

What’s a typical day like for you?
 It is hard to describe a 'typical' day because at any point in time I could be presenting to new clients,  working with existing customers, putting together proposals and quotations, communicating with the corporate teams or running all sorts of errands.  So every day is quite different which makes it exciting for me!

What do you enjoy most about your job?
The thing I enjoy most about this job is that it provides me the opportunity to visit places that I never thought I would, such as: steel plants, car manufacturing plants, detention facilities, semi-conductor manufacturing plants, shipyards etc. These visits have widen my horizons significantly.

What was your very first job?
I held several school vacation jobs at hotels in the Front Office as well the housekeeping department.  I then got a permanent position in one of the hotels as a Guest Relation Officer.

What do you enjoy doing in your time off?
I enjoy doing some needlework during my time off as I find it therapeutic.  In the past, I used to crochet, cross-stitch, knit, sew and other craftwork a lot more than now.  I would give them away as gifts but these days my production fails to meet the demands. 

What is your favorite city? 
I like Lucerne, Switzerland.  I was amazed by the view of the lake to the mountains and I thought I could sit there and stare forever.
 

No comments: